PREPARATION: 45 mins
COOKING: 3 hrs 45 mins
READY IN: 4 hrs 30 mins
- 1.5 kg Oyster Blade Steak In a piece
- 125 mls Verjuice
- 125 mls Extra olive virgin oil
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 whole Bay leaves
- 1 whole Lemon zest and juice
- 1 whole Orange zest and juice
- Use the oil, verjuice, bay leaves, and juice/zest from the orange and lemon as a marinade for the oyster blade. Marinate overnight or for a couple of hours.
- After this has been marinated, take just the meat out of the dish and seal in a hot fry pan before putting it back in the marinade.
- Pop into the oven and slow cook, occasionally basting with the pan juices/marinade. Cook for approximately 3 .5 hours on 120 degrees depending on your oven.
- After your beef is cooked to your liking, you may serve with roasted vegies. If you need to use a thermometre, the ideal temperature is 65 degrees. This will give you medium/rare. Use the pan juices to make a gravy full of flavour.